The arbed programme is Wales’ Strategic Energy Performance Investment Programme. It is designed to bring environmental, social and economic benefits to Wales. It will coordinate investment into the energy performance of Welsh homes.
The programme involves working with social housing providers to make communities in deprived areas of Wales more energy efficient. This will be achieved by retro-fitting homes with innovative measures including solid wall insulation and renewable technologies such as solar panels and heat pumps.
What is the WHQS? (Welsh Housing Quality Standard)
“All households in Wales … shall have the opportunity to live in good quality dwellings that are:
1. In a good state of repair
2. Safe and secure
3. Adequately heated, fuel efficient and well insulated
4. Contain up-to-date kitchens and bathrooms
5. Located in attractive and safe environments
6. As far as possible suit the specific requirements of the household.”